hinese medical theory teaches that energy imbalance is the root of all illness. This theory is based on the belief that vital energy, call Qi, flows throughout the body in pathways called meridians, and that blockage of this flow leads to illness. Blockages can be caused by trauma, poor diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle, as well as spiritual and emotional difficulties.
Acupuncture is a valuable and versatile healing tool which can be used to address almost any ailment. The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of many medical conditions, including:
- digestive - gastritis, constipation, diarrhea, spastic colon, stomach ulcers,
- respiratory - asthma, allergies, common cold, sinusitis, rhinitis, cough
- neurological - headaches, migraines, dizziness, postoperative pain
- musculoskeletal - arthritis, sprains, back pain, neck pain, sciatica, muscle cramps &/or weakness
- gynecological - PMS, painful &/or irregular periods, infertility, menopausal signs & symptoms
Treatments are $75 each.